Saturday, March 12, 2011

Devastation all over Japan

Woke up at 5am just to have a look at the news about the quake and tsunami that hit Japan. Death toll rose to 400 this morning. My phones are with me all night.

Luckily I can access to BBC live news where I can watch live videos and live updates. My lappie was on for the whole night just to get the latest news updates.

I can feel their lost and their fear when tsunami strikes. Everyone ran for their lives, cars being washed away as well as houses and fields being "swallowed" by sea water.

Nuclear power plants exploded. People around need to be evacuvated.

For this very particular moment, I wished my brother to come back straight to our side. My mind had been thinking all sorts of negative stuffs ever since earthquake and tsunami hits Japan.

"British mother-of-three Naomi Van Holbutt-Kirk describes emotional scenes at a school in Tokyo as she and other parents were about to collect their children. She says: "I could actually see my seven-year-old daughter crouched under a desk with her classmates... the building was swinging like a giant pendulum and I was just waiting for the sound of a crash from the adjacent building where my five-year-old son was still in his classroom. It did not collapse and the quake eventually stopped."

The news update That I read just now. My heart sank immediately. It's just like looking at something that is in danger and you couldn't help. How sad it is to be in such situation. :(

I pray that each and everyone who is in fear now, please be strong!! The chilling sound of the tsunami alert will soon change to a sweet and nice song. Pray. May Lord be with them.


No comments: